Popular Stamped Concrete Patterns
Concrete is unarguably one of the most durable and versatile materials out there. But in the past, concrete was restricted to utilitarian uses - like sidewalks, driveways, and patios. With the rising popularity of rustic architectural designs and even interior designs, concrete has become a popular choice for decorative designs. And these patterns are as diverse as the countless colors available. Here are 5 of the most popular stamped concrete patterns being installed in 2022 - including the most popular and the most used designs. If you are planning on renovation or remodeling your home, these patterns are worth considering!
1. Ashlar Slate:Ashlar slate stamped concrete is a versatile pattern that can be used for either traditional or modern styles. The pattern resembles the look of natural stone, with a square or rectangular shape and irregular edges.
While ashlar slate is available in a variety of colors, it's particularly popular in gray tones because these are most similar to the natural color of slate. You can also use two or three different colors to create the look of different stones.
2. Wood Plank:The wood plank pattern is a very popular stamped concrete design. It is a great choice when you want to create a non-slip surface that looks like wood without all of the maintenance work required for real wood.
There are many different options available for the wood plank pattern. You can choose from any number of different types of wood and stain colors. Some people even use two or three different colors to give their patio or pool deck a distinctive look that sets it apart from others.
Don't forget about using stamp patterns to add the look of joints in between your "wood" planks. You can use a stone pattern to simulate grout lines, or maybe even use a brick pattern to simulate the space between wooden boards. If you have any questions about what would work best with your stamped concrete project, be sure to ask your contractor!
3. Arizona Flagstone:Transform your patio or pool deck into a rustic Italian villa with an Arizona flagstone pattern. This type of stamped concrete is characterized by its earth tones and irregular shapes, which makes it look incredibly natural. The mottled, natural appearance of this pattern gives it a certain ruggedness that is perfect for driveways and large pool decks.
4. Seamless Skin:This is one of the most popular stamps used today because it gives you the ability to create a high-end look without paying a fortune. It works great with any color combination and can be applied over existing concrete or new construction. The seamless skin allows you to "stamp" random stones without having to purchase each individual stamp. You can get everything from cobblestones, slate, flagstone, rock, tile, or even wood plank effects all from one single seamless skin stamp!
5. Craftsman Slate:For those who want a more upscale look for their patio or driveway, the Craftsman Slate stamped pattern offers an Old World slate appearance that creates a timeless look for years to come. The Craftsman Slate stamp is so realistic many people will think you purchased slate tiles and had them installed on your patio or driveway.